22 Dec Ashwaganda (Withania somnifera)
This herb is widely used in Indian medicine and is commonly called Indian Ginseng. It helps people who are under stress, and also is reputed to be an anti-inflammatory agent and a sedative.
This plant also strengthens the body. Its roots, leaves, and berries, are the most potent of the plant and are often able to help people who are recovering from an illness or suffering from excessive fatigue. Ashwaganda also has an aphrodisiac reputation and is believed to help prevent male sterility.
How It May Benefit You…
- to aid in restoring muscles, body tissues, and bone marrow.
- restores proper sexual functioning
- anti-inflammatory agent
- helps in stressful situations – infertility
- chronic fatigue
- loss of muscular strength
- multiple sclerosis
- heart disease
- hay fever
- carbuncles (Apply medicated oil externally.)
- ringworm. (Apply a compress to the affected area.)
Do not eat ashwaganda berries. They may cause severe gastrointestinal pain.
WARNING: Herbs should only be used under the supervision of an experienced herbalist or naturopath experienced in herbs.
Available as tincture, dried roots and leaves, powder.