17 Dec Feet need Pampering Too
Feet Need Pampering Too
After work your feet may need some extra special care and attention, especially if you have been on them all day.
- At night, try to find the time to lie down, raise your feet and relax for a while. This will ease the pressure off them and improves circulation.
- To stimulate the circulation, give your feet a good scrub in warm water. A foot spa is perfect. Rub the dry skin with a pumice stone. Some ideas for an extra special foot treat are to put 3 drops each of peppermint and lavender into your foot spa or in a tub of warm water. Alternatively these essential oils may be put into 15g of base cream. And applied whenever you need to.
- Tinea can be relieved by putting 2 drops each of tea tree oil and myrrh into 15 gm of base cream. Apply to the affected area 2 times per day. You can put the essential oils into some water and bathe the area as well if preferred.
- Put a handful of epsom salts or baking soda and 3 drops of lavender oil into a foot spa along with a few drops of cider vinegar to also relieve athlete’s foot, itching or tinea.
- Always dry your feet and toes well to prevent any fungus growing between the toes.
- Cut the toenails across instead of round the edge of the toe to prevent ingrown nails.
- Every night massage a good quality moisturiser into the feet to prevent the heels cracking and to protect the skin.
- Fallen arches or ‘flat feet’ can be caused by bad posture. They cause your feet to roll inwards at the ankle. This can cause pain. An arch support may be used to strengthen the area.
- Foot odour happens when the feet are most and warm and the sweat cannot dry up. It is better to air your feet than to bombard it with too many strong scents and perfumes. But if it is urgent that the odour be removed, these creams and powders are available from the Pharmacy.