Peppermint Essential Oil
Botanical Name – (mentha piperita)
Part of plant used – leaf
Peppermint possesses a powerful menthol which can clear nasal passages, relieve jet lag and nausea. This oil is clearing and comforting. It is a top note and vaporizes quickly.
- to become alert and invigorated
- to move obstacles in your life
- Muscular pain and aches – massage, bath
- Travel sickness and nausea – inhalation
- Indigestion, flatulence, colic – massage abdomen clockwise
- Colds, sinus and flu – steam inhalation
- Headaches or migraines – use with lavender, cold compress to back of neck
- Fainting – inhalation
- Sciatica – massage, bath
- Do not take internally.
- Do not use in pregnancy
- Keep away from eyes