Frankincense Essential Oil
Botanical Name – (Boswellia carterii; olibanum)
Part of plant used – Gum
Frankincense oil has been used for centuries, it is a very spiritual oil and has often been used in church services and ceremonies. It was highly regarded in ancient times as it omits a haunting, majestic and woody aroma with a spicy note. Frankincense is in limited supply and is often more expensive than other oils. It will last a long time once purchased and looked after properly. This oil is a base note as it is quite slow to vaporize.
- protects your personal space
- adds focus and insights to your meditations
- to be more connected with yourself and others
- Aids fluid retention – massage, bath
- Dry/mature skin – massage
- Scars and wrinkles – massage
- Relieves stress – massage, vaporizer
- Respiratory conditions – bronchitis and asthma – vaporizer and chest massage (not inhalation for asthma sufferers).
- Mucus – vaporizer, inhalation, chest massage
- Cystitis – massage lower abdomen
- Do not take internally.