17 Dec Geranium
Geranium Essential Oil
Botanical Name – (Pelargonium graveolens)
Part of plant used – leaves
Geranium was used one to protect one’s home from evil spirits. Today it is thought to have special healing properties for women and women’s problems. It is a rosy scented oil with a rich bouquet. Geranium is a middle note oil.
- to gain emotional balance
- to become connected with nature
- creates harmony
- Aids depression – massage, vaporizer, bath
- Infections –warm compress, topical
- Normalizes the oil production in skin – good for over oily or combination skins – add to skin or facial oil
- PMS – massage
- Acne – topical in base cream
- Hot flushes – massage
- Stress/anxiety – bath, massage or vaporizer
- Do not take internally.
- Do not use on red or inflamed skin.
- Some people are sensitive to this oil – do a patch test first.