Petitgrain Essential Oil
Botanical Name – (Citrus aurantium, amara)
Part of plant used – leaf and twigs
Petitgrain possesses a lovely floral tone with a bitter note and is contained in many classic perfumes. The scent is a top to middle note. This essential oil also comes from the bitter orange tree (as does neroli). Petitgrain comes from the leaves and stems, neroli is derived from the flowers.
- to become resourceful
- to be more positive
- empowerment in self and ability to empower others
- for anger – dab on wrists
- for panic – dab on wrists
- depression – dab on wrists
- Muscular pain and aches – massage, bath
- Indigestion, flatulence, colic – massage abdomen clockwise
- Insomnia – dab on wrists, bath
- Excessive perspiration – compress, diluted in base cream
- Oily hair/skin – topically diluted in vegetable based cream
- Do not take internally.