Ginger Essential Oil
Botanical Name – (Zingiber officinalis)
Part of plant used – root
Ginger has warming properties and is often beneficial for pain relief or circulation problems. Very common remedy in the middle ages as an exotic flavour. Ginger is an expectorant, digestive aid and is drying. Having a warm aroma, it is a top note.
- to take on challenges in life
- to move easily and effortlessly
- finding stability
- Brings warmth and temporary relief to aches and pains, rheumatism, sprains and joint pains –massage, warm compress
- Poor circulation – massage, bath
- Digestion problems – massage, compress
- Travel sickness/nausea – inhale from bottle or rub onto hands and inhale or put oil onto handkerchief and inhale.
- Relief from colds – vaporizer, put onto handkerchief and inhale
- Pain from cystitis – massage clockwise on lower abdomen
- Do not take internally.
- Do not use before going into the sun
- Some people are sensitive to this oil – do a patch test first.