Grapefruit Essential Oil
Botanical Name – (Citrus paradisi, macfaden)
Part of plant used – fruit peel
Grapefruit is high in Vitamin C and works effectively against infections. Its aroma is refreshing, uplifting and citrusy. Is often used to help with different emotional states.
- promotes activity and health
- releases the past and creates excitement about the future and its opportunities
- Fluid retention – massage
- Cellulite – massage – use firm upward strokes towards the heart to assist in eliminating toxins and wastes
- Temporary relief of bronchial cough, colds and flu – steam inhalation or massage into chest, throat and neck
- Stress, anxiety, depression, nervousness – vaporizer, bath, massage
- Skin that is oily with enlarged pores and puffiness – steam inhalation
- Do not take internally.
- Do not use before going into the sun
- Some people are sensitive to this oil – do a patch test first.