17 Dec Jasmine
Jasmine Essential Oil
Botanical Name – (Jasminum officinale)
Part of plant used – flower
Jasmine is a beautiful scented oil which is often used to heighten romance. It is often valuable during childbirth and after. Gives relief from bronchial coughs if massaged into the chest and back. The oil is a result of millions of the jasmine petals being harvested at precisely the correct time of day. This is painstaking and time consuming and makes jasmine oil very expensive. Jasmine is a middle to base note.
- can help depression
- to explore romance
- apathy, indifference, frigidity, lethargy
- to build confidence
- During childbirth – massage the abdomen and lower back
- Uterine problems – massage the abdomen clockwise
- Dry or oily skin – massage
- Mature skins – massage
- symptoms of laryngitis – vaporize, massage
- Menstrual pain, cramps and spasms – massage
- General well being – vaporizer
- Stress/nervous tension – vaporizer, massage
- Do not take internally.
- If pregnant do not use prior to going into labour.