17 Dec Aromatherapy For Skin Care
Aromatherapy For Skin Care
Aromatherapy offers a natural alternative to commercial skin care products with the added benefit of being relatively inexpensive.
You are able to mix and blend your own selection of essential oils to benefit your skin type perfectly.
For Normal to Dry Skin
- Cleanse with the following blend – 10ml sweet almond oil, 5 drops of lavender oil. To make this an exfoliant scrub, add some ground nuts or oatmeal to form a paste.
- Rinse this off with a washer or face towel that has been soaked in lukewarm water with 2 drops of either rose or sandalwood essential oils. Remember to always avoid the eye area. This acts as a toner for the skin.
- Moisturize in the day with – 20g of an unscented base cream which suits your skin type mixed with 3 drops of palmarosa oil, 2 drops sandalwood oil 4 drops of rose in jojoba oil and 5 dropsneroli in jojoba oil.
If you need a mask, make up the following mixture and leave on the face for 10 – 30 minutes –
- 2 drops sandalwood oil
- 2 drops neroli oil
- 1 drop roman chamomile oil
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water. Always use the mask before moisturizing.
If your skin is particularly dry, try performing a steam inhalation before moisturizing the skin.
Add a few drops of lavender oil and lean over a bowl of hot water for several minutes.
For Normal to Oily Skin
1. Cleanse by adding the following essential oils to 50g of grated pure soap or a natural liquid soap, mixing well.
- 2 drops of lemon oil
- 2 drops of cypress oil
- 4 drops geranium oil
- 50g your favorite natural soap mix.
Massage this mixture gently onto the face and throat area. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
2. Tone by rinsing the face with a citrus floral water or you can add two drops of lemon oil to a bowl of warm water and sponge over the face. Do not use near the eyes.
3.Moisturizing – mix together the following –
If you need a mask to help refine the look of your skin, apply the following blend to the face and leave for 30 minutes.
Use this mixture before moisturizing then rinse off with warm water.
If you have pimples, apply tea tree oil essential oil neat onto the spot or you can add 2 drops of the oil into a dab of base cream and apply to your whole face. Repeat 2 or 3 times per day.